Text in English Treason

I have to admit that I actually had sort of a crush on that neighbor. That day I helped her, I accompanied her through both of our blocks. Going up and down the stairs with her, talking kindly about that minor problem, giving her a hand, perceiving her slight admiration, both of us flirting subtly without any remote intention to go any further, made me feel great. Nobody would have denied that there was that delightful, innocent, platonic chemistry between the two of us. Until I left her, went upstairs again enjoying my inner flattering... and noticed them almost hidden behind the corner, craftily watching me. Then I recalled that imperceptible shadow of fear and regret in her look at some point. Then all of my just gained self-confidence vanished. Then all of my pride went away. What a stupid I had been.

No hay comentarios: