Text in English Texto en español Transcripción y grabación / transcription and record: There will never be another you (Jimmy Raney)

[Artículo bilingüe / Bilingual post]

Mis deberes de guitarra para el verano de 2007 incluían copiar un solo de guitarra de mi elección, y a ser posible transcribirlo.

No es que conozca mucho a Raney (más bien casi nada) pero de las grabaciones que tenía a mano en MP3 quizás era el solo más adecuado para mi ejercicio. Así que estoy haciendo lo que puedo. No estoy seguro, pero quizás quienes tocan con él sean Sonny Clark (piano), Red Mitchell (contrabajo) y Bobby White (batería).

Fruto de este vano intento es una transcripción que quizás pueda servir a alguien, y por eso cuelgo aquí; he transcrito las dos partes, la de apertura y la de cierre del tema. Creo que las notas son bastante fieles al original, aunque las duraciones evidentemente no; no intento reproducirlas exactamente, porque es tontería. El swing es cosa de cada cual. También hay una digitación y unas indicaciones de dedos, pero nuevamente hay muchas opciones y cada cual elegirá la suya. Los acordes, asimismo, son los que yo oigo y son una de las combinaciones posibles, pero seguro, seguro, que no tocan exactamente esos.

Además de transcribir, estoy intentando tocar. Así que voy a apuntar también una grabación, sólo de la primera parte, en la que se aprecia perfectamente lo patéticas que son mis semicorcheas. A ver si dentro de un mes cuelgo una versión completa y que mejore en algo a esta.

Grabado en Lamuño, guitarra: Ibanez Artcore AG75, amplificador VAmp 2 de Behringer, 21 de agosto de 2007.

There will never be another you (primera parte) [MP3, 1,34 MB]

Y aquí la partitura de la transcripción, con tablatura. He utilizado Lilypond, que me ha gustado bastante. Viene a ser como LaTeX: difícil de usar, pero muy útil.

ThereWillNeverBeAnotherYou [PDF, 551 KB]

Gracias a Lilypond, también puedo colgar aquí la interpretación literal en MIDI de esa partitura:

Parte 1 [MIDI, 6 KB]

Parte 2 [MIDI, 2 KB]




My homework assignment for summer of 2007 included copying a guitar solo of my choice, and to transcribing it if possible. Usually, I feel happy if I manage to do 20% of what my teacher asks me to do, but these holidays I was willing to play guitar, so I tried to go a bit further than 20%.

I'm not any expert on Raney (I've hardly listened to him) but, among the records I had at hand in MP3 it was probably the most suited for my exercise. So I'm trying my best. I'm not sure, but maybe the other players are Sonny Clark (piano), Red Mitchell (bass) and Bobby White (drums).

One result of this vain attempt is a transcription that could be useful for somebody, and that's why I'll put it here. I've transcribed both parts, opening and ending of the song. I think the notes accurately reflect the original, although the durations, of course, don't; I'm not trying to transcribe durations exactly, since that's usually pointless. Swing is to be brought by each player. There is also a tablature and fingering, but once again there are lots of options and each one will chose the best. Chords, also, are the ones I hear and only one of the suitable combinations, but I'm pretty sure that they don't play exactly those ones.

In addition to transcribing, I'm trying to play. So I'll archive also a record, the first part only, where one can clearly appreciate how pathetic my semiquavers are. Maybe in one month I'll be able to post a full version, which improves this one somehow.

Recorded at Lamuño, guitar: Ibanez Artcore AG75, amplifier: Behringer VAmp 2, 21 august 2007

There will never be another you (first part) [MP3, 1,34 MB]

And, below, the transcription score, tablature included. I've used Lilypond, which I like very much. It's like LaTeX: difficult to use, but really useful.

ThereWillNeverBeAnotherYou [PDF, 551 KB]

Thanks to Lilypond, I can put a literal MIDI version of the score as well:

Part 1 [MIDI, 6 KB]

Part 2 [MIDI, 2 KB]

No hay comentarios: